Skip to main content

Napa Vineyard by Jay Raymond


Napa Vineyard
2010, Acrylic on Canvas
11 x 14 inches

I finished another Napa, California vineyard painting for a colleague interested in a painting in this subject and style. This was an enjoyable image to work on, and it brought back memories of sunny days exploring quiet roads in the valley. On this particular day, my wife and I spent an afternoon enjoying the landscape and taking photographs. It was one of those bright, sunny days in which everything seemed happy.

This painting is SOLD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloud Study

Cloud Study, 2013
Jay Raymond, Leap and Rise, oil on panel, 30 x 40 inches In a previous post this image appeared as a digital painting. This is the final piece in oil. All of my current works, including this one, begin as abstract compositions drawn in a 3.5 x 5 inch sketchbook. There is no preconceived idea about what the image will be. Instead, I begin with a few lines and begin playing with forms to develop interesting positive and negative shapes. My natural inclinations sometimes emerge in hints of figurative or landscape elements, but many times there's really no obvious references to those, and the image becomes an exploration of interesting ways to divide space and experiment with color effects. I like to use color harmony and dissonance and effects such as simultaneous contrast to infuse energy and vibrance. Josef Albers' Interaction of Color is a recent re-read for me, and while it was once simply required reading during my college art days, it is now very interesting and relevan
Revelry, Jay Raymond, Oil on panel, 30 x 40 inches